We offer unbeatable service and care.
The Village Veterinarian team is proud to offer their services to the canines and felines of Chatham and the surrounding areas! We provide a variety of services in a clean, inviting atmosphere coupled with unparalleled customer care! You can read more about the services we provide below.
Using CareCredit for Veterinary Financing
From routine appointments to emergency situations or surgeries, the CareCredit card gives pet owners the peace of mind needed to care for pets big and small.
Unlike traditional pet financing or veterinary payment plans, the CareCredit credit card gives you the flexibility to use your card again and again for your pet’s procedures.
Wellness/Sick Pet Exams
When it comes to keeping your pet happy and healthy, routine wellness care provides the perfect foundation. These annual or semi-annual visits allow our doctors to gather a complete health profile for your pet and then use that information to monitor any changes that may occur along the way. Early detection of disease can significantly improve your pet’s quality of life as well as longevity. It may actually reduce the cost of veterinary care for you over time.
We know how scary it can be when your pet is under the weather. It’s frustrating and heartbreaking because they have no way of telling you what’s wrong, how they’re feeling, or how to help. Our caring and dedicated team of doctors, nurses, and support staff see many same-day medical appointments for chronic and acute illnesses and injuries. Our team of dedicated, empathetic veterinarians and support staff will not only tend to your pet’s medical needs, but they’ll also ensure your pet feels at ease and cared about during your visit.
During each wellness visit, our veterinarians perform a complete head-to-tail physical exam which includes a thorough assessment of all body systems. We provide your pet with the core vaccinations needed to maintain good health, as well as tailor additional vaccinations to the lifestyle of you and your pet. We will also discuss your pet’s nutritional needs, behavioral concerns, parasite control, and wellness testing.
At The Village Veterinarian, we take pride in our comprehensive wellness and preventative medicine programs, which have been specifically designed to meet the unique care needs of each life stage, from puppies and kittens to adult cats and dogs to those pets that have reached their senior years. Most importantly, wellness visits allow us to get to know you and your pet better and to develop a solid bond that will last throughout your animal companion’s lifetime.
We want your pet to enjoy a long, happy and healthy life, and it starts with quality wellness care.
At The Village Veterinarian, your veterinarian may recommend many or all of the following vaccines to keep your cat protected:
- Rabies: Rabies is a preventable viral disease of mammals most often transmitted through the bite of a rabid animal. The virus infects the central nervous system, ultimately causing disease in the brain and death. At The Village Veterinarian, our team of veterinarians recommends giving this vaccine annually to cats.
- Feline distemper (FVRCP): This is a combination vaccine that protects against feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia – all of which are extremely contagious and cause severe disease and potentially death. Keeping your cat up to date on their distemper vaccine is extremely important. This vaccine is given to kittens in a series of three or four vaccines and then given every one to three years to adult cats.
- Leukemia: Feline leukemia virus is a common infection in cats. It’s the cause of more cat deaths, directly or indirectly, than any other organism and is widespread in the cat population. This vaccine is given to kittens in a series of two vaccines and then given annually to adult cats.
At The Village Veterinarian, we believe that one of the most important aspects of caring for your pet’s health is vaccinating them against potential diseases including:
- Rabies: Rabies is a fatal virus that is passed to other pets and people through the saliva of an infected animal. Rabies vaccination can only be administered by a licensed veterinarian.
- DA2: stands for Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo, and Parainfluenza and is a core vaccine for dogs meaning that it is recommended for all dogs. Parvo especially can be present in the environment for several years. This vaccine is given every 3-4 weeks to puppies until the antibodies that they got from their mother wear off which is around 16 weeks. We repeat it at the one-year and second-year visits then start giving it every three years until they are seniors when we have a discussion on whether to continue the vaccine or not depending on their environment.
- Bordetella: This vaccine protects your pet against the airborne virus commonly known as “kennel cough.” This virus causes respiratory problems amongst dogs and is highly contagious. It is easily spread in areas where large numbers of dogs are confined such as boarding, daycare, dog parks, etc.
- Leptospirosis: his vaccine protects against bacteria that can cause deadly kidney or liver disease. Leptospirosis is zoonotic, meaning it can be transmitted to people and cause similar issues. This vaccine is recommended for pets who are frequently around lakes, ponds, rivers, or are exposed to wildlife.
- Flu (H3N2/H3N8): The canine influenza vaccine protects against a contagious respiratory infection and is recommended if your pet is in kennel or social situations like daycare, boarding, puppy training classes, etc.
Pet Diagnostics by Antech
Blood tests and other laboratory tests are essential in keeping your pet well and diagnosing illness. The Village Veterinarian works alongside Antech, a state-of-the-art laboratory enabling us to provide accurate laboratory results within a very short period of time. The faster we are able to diagnose your pet’s health issue, the faster we can treat it! The following pet diagnostic tests can be done by Antech:
- O&P, Giardia
- Superchem, T4
- Adult Chem
Because our pets can’t speak to us, we rely on veterinary diagnostics to get the answers we need. These tools and technologies allow us to conduct an in-depth evaluation of your pet’s health, both externally and internally. A faster diagnosis of illness and injury can vastly improve the chances of a positive outcome for your companion. To make this process faster and easier, we offer the following in-house testing services:
- Spotchem Screen
Doggy Spa Packages
You can rely on our pet stylists at The Village Veterinarian to provide the same level of love and attention to your four-legged fluffy friend, as you do from our medical team. Our Doggy Spa Packages include the following services for your pup:
- Skin Exam
- Medicated Bath
- Minor Grooming (ears, paws, bloomers, face)
- Nail Trim
- Anal Glad Expression
- Ear Cleaning
- Ear Cytology
Our veterinary team offers additional services for your pet that focus on improving their overall quality of life. These services including the following:
- Intraocular Pressure
- Corneal Staining
- Anal Glands
- Nail Trims